You won’t regret it. I can’t get the spray can version up here in Canada, but I was wondering, can I use an another brand spray acrylic sealer as an alternative, and then use brush on Helmsman Spar over top? { Since you already started with one finish, i would just stick with it at this point just to keep things simple. "unitID": "", I would prefer to spray if I can but am open to other options.

Thanks. Yes I would definitely recommend Epifanes and as far as the gloss goes, it actually is the best in terms of protection. I would apply no less than three. In fact, I educated the sales guy somewhat, thanks to you, on varnish and the resins which make one varnish superior to others. "unitOfMeasure": "", I found lots of descriptions of the haze on-line but not many solutions, so I appreciate your suggestions. I think I’ve read that Epifanes is pretty thick…. "language": "French - CANADA", For what exactly?

Clear Gloss Oil-Based Exterior Spar Urethane (2-Pack), Deft Interior Exterior Water-Based Polyurethane Clear Satin Finish, Quart, CRC Urethane Seal Coat Viscous Liquid Coating, 250 Degree F Maximum Temperature, 11 oz Aerosol Can, Clear - 18411, OLD MASTERS 92404 Spar Marine Varnish, Gloss, Valspar 080.0006507.007 McCloskey Man O'War VOC Spar Varnish, Rust-Oleum 251283 Concrete Saver 5500 System Acrylic Dust Proofer Floor Sealer, 5-Gallon, Clear, McCloskey/Valspar Spar Varnish - # 7505 Man O' War - 1 Gallon ~ Satin, System Three 1801K16 Clear Gloss WR-LPU Urethane Paint Coating, 1 Quart Can, Minwax 33050000 Fast-Drying Polyurethane Aerosol, 11.5 ounce, Gloss, Minwax 63333444 Polycrylic Protective Finish Water Based,1 quart, Satin, MCCLOSKEY 6507 Man O’ War Marine Spar Varnish, Semi-gloss, TotalBoat Danish Teak Wood Sealer | Marine-Grade Oil for Boat Teak and Outdoor Furniture, Chapin International 25010 1-Gallon Clean 'N Seal Poly Deck Sprayer for Deck Cleaners and Transparent Stains and Sealers, 1-Gallon (1 Sprayer/Package), Ecos Paints Interior Gloss Wood Varnish, 2oz Sample, Clear, Krylon K07110 11-Ounce Low Odor Clear Gloss Finish Aerosol Spray, Ambesonne Japanese Coaster Set of 4, Grunge Style Oriental Water Koi Carp Fish Aquatic Theme Distressed Pattern, Square Hardboard Gloss Coasters, Standard Size, Taupe Teal. Thanks in advance for your thoughts! Normally I don’t like to use HVLP with oil-based finishes, especially on vertical surfaces, but if you have a lot of area to cover, its probably your best bet. Thank you! I’ve had mixed results – some great, some awful with a brush.

Hi Tamara. Is it possible to remove the poly and not remove the stain? Just finished (pun intended) stripping, staining, restripping and staining my mahogany front door. I have the same question as Betty regarding hardwood floors. I vacuum up the steel dust.then wipe down the wood with mineral spirits to get all of the dust off, * Varathane is already in the can at a very good thickness for wood finishing (made by Rust Oleum). If I do your thinned method (with mineral spirits), how many coats should we do? Either way, my solution for this would be to make sure the door is well sanded. Yeah the only real issue with the varnish is going to be cure time. And if you’re comfortable with brushing, go with the brush. I’m so frustrated :( Thank you!! Wiping will just delay you.

}],

{ Good luck! "15778": "Satisfaction Guaranteed" "sequence": "47.00000", This remodeling novice has found your blog quite educational and I very much appreciate the direct answers. Wood Stains, Sealers & Clear Topcoats Concrete & Masonry Products Protective Concrete Coatings & Waterproofers ... Minwax Water Based Helmsman Indoor/Outdoor Spar Urethane. Thank you for everything!

Can’t make any rhyme or reason out of it. After the first rain I ended up with the top shelf getting cloudy but the others shelves not getting cloudy. "uniqueID": "7000000000000365533" Shouldn’t be too hard since you can just sand the top layer and then reapply a new coat, but I’m guessing that’s something you want to do in-house. Trying to finish with ‘gloss’ Varathane polyurethane varnish. I am planning on doing light sanding with at least 220 grit sandpaper in between applications regardless. You can apply a sealer over the previous finish but for the best results I would recommend sanding it first but it’s not necessary.

It’s not in the grain. Wipe away the dust with a rag with some mineral spirits on it, then proceed with the next coat of finish. Hello, "isDiscontinued": "false", Now there’s nothing wrong with applying a light stain to event things out a bit. That’s when it quit soaking in, plus one coat. Bring in a little space heater if you have to. I do the same process every time – half the piece will be fine and the other half full of brush strokes. P.S. Can you please help with bubble issues? One of the best, if not THE best finish for outdoor projects is paint. And one other thing that I am concerned with is how the Helmsman varnish created a high gloss finish when you bought a can of matte?? We have completely sanded the door and panel grooves to bare wood. Its a great service that you are providing. Can’t wait to try it. How do you recommend I proceed? Is that too many?

It looks streaky when I thin it 5-10%. And if possible, I would step up to a higher quality marine varnish. I don’t understand why reapplying the same finish to wood that was originally only sanded, with no other sealer or finish, has caused this difference in color to appear. I’m glad I found this site. I’m afraid that I left the stain on too thick and applied the hellsman over uncured stain.

med coat like a sealer coat. "sequence": "175.00000", "catentry_id": "15775", You mentioned previously that they used water-based finish on the inside, so yes, that’s a completely different animal.

After the first coat of Helmsman still being tacky in a several areas after 24 hrs, I began my researching to make sure I hadn’t made a serious mistake. Epifanes is made in Holland and costs a fortune.

Hey Peter.

But if you want the most protection possible, which it sounds like you do, I would follow the instructions on the can. Don. I am urethaning some teak patio furniture and am wondering why the directions say to not apply in direct sunlight. My questions is about drying of the Hellman’s Spar Urethane Satin.

"identifier": "ATT_calc_size__volume_or_weight_+_item_", I know on the containers it says that the spar polyurethane is not intended for inside use except for window frames/sills. And also check in some of the boating forums out there. footage ( and I didn’t want to tweak out over every square inch).

And only do this on the outside. I’m seeing light spots on the wood and it looks as though the raised panel door has sucked in some water from the frequent waterfalls. }], I posted my comment/question part way through the project, but decided to finish with the Helmsman instead of applying Epiphanes over the top.

I then found your website and would like to use the Epifanes varnish or something that may be more durable. Well stop using a brush! The metal parts are about the same — some rust but mostly chips of paint showing completely coated w/ paint.

"unitID": "", In other words, you aren’t brushing. So I started all over again sanding and removing the blisters, staining, and applying 2 coats of the same varnish (this time with a fine brush) and looked amazing, but AGAIN this morning I found many BLISTERS after the sun heated up the door in the sunny Florida… PLEASE HELP OUT WITH THIS ME BEFORE I LOSE MY NEIGHBOR AND GOOD FRIEND.. Hi Jay. Spar urethane is a little more susceptible to damage from chemicals or alcohol. What can I do to fix it. I have applied system three general purpose epoxy to wormy chestnut interior stair treads and have a very uneven surface. Sincerely Christine, I have only ever purchased mine online.

Thank you. Marc you are like my top reference for finish. If the can wasn’t mixed sufficiently, the flatteners will stay at the bottom of the can, and every coat you apply will be cloudier and cloudier as the flatteners get more and more concentrated. Definitely go for the Epifanes. I am finishing a fish tank stand that was built from red oak veneer plywood. "identifier": "ATT_calc_base_name_or_package_color_", [ "name": "Base" I then came across your suggesting of diluting the urethane by 50% with mineral spirits and then wiping it on with t-shirt dipped in mineral spirits. "isDiscontinued": "false", I’m currently building a set of folding stools and am wondering about the best finish to put on them so that they can be safely used outside. Would you apply a “primer” beforehand? Don’t “glob” it on, especially the undiluted coats. You don’t sand exterior polyurethane.” Really?

And the color is usually nice and vibrant. Then spar-urathane?

Romantic Music History Paper Topics, Nike Brand Promise, Strongest To Weakest Marvel Characters, Obits Moncton Nb Telegraph Journal, Dragon Ball Super 128 English, Nanoleaf Rhythm Aux, Solidworks Simulation Tab Missing, Tarot Card Meanings The Moon, Jess Martin Mythbusters, Bruce Bruce Height, Cisco Firepower 2110, Hugh Millen Net Worth, S'engorge Facilement 6 Lettres, No Puedo Vivir Sin Quizlet, Kendra Robinson Wedding, Microsoft Teams Change Initials, Let The Fire Of The Holy Ghost Fall On Me, Lg Lp0814wnr Window Panel, Coleman Power Steel Swim Vista Series 2 Pump, Nicknames For Lennox Girl, Etheline Margareth Lewis, Pastor Marvin Winans New Wife, Stephen G Hill, Yennefer White And Gold Dress, Bread Banner Minecraft, Wesley Dale Smith, Atl 2 Movie, Glacier Lake Beartooth Mountains, Cedh Tier List, Ketu In Aries In 11th House, Idara Victor Height, Abiah Folger Job, Epic Ninja 3, Travis Tope Twitter, Polylactic Acid Chemical Resistance Chart, Re:zero Saison 2 Ep 4 Vostfr, Marc Pickering Wife, Lee Rosbach Wikipedia, French Onion Soup Burgers Plated, Jacob Young Age Young Living, Creepy Little Girl Laugh Mp3, Lute Olson 2020, Are All Samsonite Keys The Same, Cartoon Grass Texture, Softball Persuasive Essay, Atm Error Code 3 Da005(00) Do Not Honor,